When the residual faecal matter is reduced & eliminated, people are left feeling with a greater sense of well-being. After a treatment expect to feel lighter, less bloated and experience less wind. There should be no reason why you cannot return to your daily business after the Colonic.
Colonic Irrigation eliminates old accumulated waste which otherwise may be reabsorbed back into the body via the bloodstream. In sluggish systems these toxins may also congest other purification organs such as the liver, kidneys and skin. This congestion may become present throughout the body’s tissues & cells can trigger a variety of illnesses & symptoms, which Colon Hydrotherapy may improve
- Clears the colon of hardened faecal matter, mucous, parasits and harmful toxins.
- Stimulation of the body’s immune system and hydrates.
- Improved absorption of minerals, nutrients and water into the body.
- Reduces toxic absorption and detoxifies the body.
- Provision of a favourable environment for friendly bacteria and micro-flora, aiding digestion.
- Strengthens and tones muscular contraction of the colon (peristalsis) particularly beneficial for sluggish constipated bowels.
- Re-educate and promote normal & regular bowel movements.
- Bowel disease risks and symptoms are diminished.
For some individuals a course of treatments may be necessary to clear the whole colon which is 5ft. Poor diet, lack of fibre and water may cause faecal matter to become impacted. In these cases subsequent treatments may be required a few days apart to achieve the desired results. u00a0Colonics also have a beneficial effect on all of the following:
Abdominal Pain, Allergies, Acne, Arthritis, Bad Breath, Bloating, Body Odour, Back Ache, Bladder Infections, Candida, Colitis, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Cancer, Depression, Diarrhoea, Diverticulitis, Eczema, Excess Wind, Fatigue, Flatulence, Fluid Retention. Food Cravings, Food Intolerances, Haemorrhoids, Headaches, Indigestion, Intestinal Re-training (for those with debilitating conditions i.e. MS or paralysis), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Insomnia, Itching, Kidney Problems, Liver Problems, Memory Lapses, Migraines, Nausea, Rashes, Rheumatism, Psoriasis, Skin Problems, Spastic Colon, Stomach Cramps, Stomach Ulcers, Sinus Problems.
Colonic Hydrotherapy / Colon Irrigation can also be beneficial for those on a Weight Management or Detox or Fasting Program
- One can anticipate feeling more peaceful, lighter, cleaner and more energised after a colonic. On rare occasions, if there has been a long-standing condition of constipation or several health problems, a slight headache or fatigue may be experienced with the first or second colonic. If this is so, a short rest will help restore one’s equilibrium.
- Since the colon has been cleared of solid matter, it may take one or two days before normal bowel movements are resumed especially if daily water intake is less than 2L.
- Some water is absorbed through the colon wall during a colonic, and one may notice an increased need to urinate for a few hours afterwards. This beneficial effect of flushing the kidneys may also be enhanced by drinking a few glasses of water with the juice of half a lemon added to each glass.
- A colonic has a profound cleansing effect on the body, and many people feel so good afterwards that they want to double their jogging or workout time. Caution is advised here, for it can be overdone. Although light to moderate exercise is good if you are used to it, any strenuous activity should be avoided that day.
- A light diet of fruits, vegetables, salads, soups and chicken or fish should be followed for two days, taking care to avoid anything that causes gas. Rich or heavy food, flour products, spices and alcohol should also be omitted.
- Although colon irrigation does not remove all of the intestinal bacteria, it is still helpful to take probiotics to maintain bacterial balance. Live bio yoghurt is advised because it is an active cleanser that also adds vital forces to the colon, alternatively acidophilus capsules (which are dairy free) can be purchased.
How often one should have a colonic depends on the diet, stress level, health, age, and how successful the previous colonic was. It is advised having repeated colonics until faecal matter or mucus is no longer visible in the release water. To achieve this a series of colonics – one every two to ten days – may be recommended before going on a maintenance program.
For optimal results maintenance colonics are recommended every 3 months as the seasons and food groups change. For constipated and more sluggish bowels, clients often find a colonic each month beneficial especially in the early days of lifestyle changes. Your therapist will be able to advise you on your next visit.